Sd. Kfz. 234/3 - 116th Panzer Division
Diecast metal construction with some plastic parts
The Sd.Kfz.234/3 chassis saw little change from the Sd.KFZ.234/2 Puma. What was changed was the superstructure and the top armored plate was removed. With the turret removed it was replaced by armor plates on all 4 sides. A new 7.5cm KwK51 L/24 short barreled main gun was installed in the open topped fighting compartment. 6 Sd.Kfz.234/3 vehicles made up a platoon of the Panzerspähwagen Company to support the SdKfz 234/1s.
The 116th Panzer Division was formed on March 28, 1944 was given the name “Greyhound Division”. In July 1944 the 116th was sent to Normandy and for the first few weeks of August the Germans and Allies battled for the area around Mortain in Normandy. This became the largest tank battle of the campaign. Finally the Germans retreated through the Falaise Pocket and when it was all over the 116th PD only had 600 men and 12 tanks. They were re-supplied and fought until April 4, 1945.
Caution: This item is an adult collectible designed for use by persons 14 years of age and older.