|This is Norscot's first attempt at a car model, and it came out fairly well.
1. It's a Chevy Spark. Seriously, models of modern cars that aren't either muscle/sports or offered for police use are pretty rare, as are ones of non-retro small cars. Note it's a pre-2012 and thus pre-US sales version which is why the grille is smaller and the foglight surrounds squarer than what you'll find on a Chevy lot at this writing.
2. It IS a Chevy Spark. They completely nailed the body shape and sculpturing, without any of the obviously "off" lines so many diecasts seem to have at least one of.
3. Everything opens. All four passenger doors, hood and hatch.
1. The hatch only opens to about 45 degrees and the trunk area detail's not there.
2. The small windows above the side mirrors are cast metal in flat black (I drilled and filed mine out); the rear window piece is well short of the real car's rear window size with matte black pad printing (several coats of Future helps)
3. The paint (red)'s a bit flat and dull, more like industrial-equipment paint than car paint (reflecting Norscot's field of expertise?) Again, Future to the rescue but the first coat'll have to be a guide coat or it'll fisheye.
Overall, I'd recommend it, am considering getting a green one, and I'm looking forward to the Norscot Chevy pickup. |